Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way, office Christmas parties can get boring and we want to change that, HEY! Okay, okay so maybe that doesn’t really rhyme and maybe it’s not even that catchy, but it’s the truth! Like you, we are so BORED of the same old Christmas parties that get thrown together for employees at the end of the year.
After 52 weeks of working 9 –5, we think that you deserve a Christmas party that is out of this world! Something that’s cracking (get it, cause Christmas crackers?)
We’ve put together our top tips for throwing the Office Christmas Party of your dreams! All you have to do now is pass this on to the party planning committee and hope for the best.
1. So first thing’s first, you’ve got to pick a theme!
If throwing an ‘out-of-the-box’ Christmas party is really that daunting to you, then you can always go for the good old, catering and drinks but add a twist – a theme! Everything is so much better when everyone is sitting around wearing ridiculous wigs and outrageous costumes.
Some fun theme ideas are:
2. Secondly, if people are going through the effort to dress up to a theme, you’ve got to have some prizes on hand, you’ve got to commend people for trying. Gift cards, chocolate and coffee mugs never go astray.
3. Let everyone break the ice on their own… nothing is more awkward than being forced to play some awful ‘ice-breaker’. Instead, let people mingle and chat amongst themselves!
4. Document the event! We can not stress this enough! What’s a good party without having any evidence to back it up? We recommend hiring a professional photographer who will be on hand to take some snaps as the party progresses. If hiring a pro is out of your budget, you can always hire an up and coming photographer who is looking to build their portfolio or maybe someone in the office knows someone who could give you ‘mates rates’?
5. Nothing is more boring than a lifeless party with nothing to do… Make sure you think carefully about the entertainment, what’s something that you can incorporate that will get everyone involved? Maybe it’s an impersonator or some arcade games, or maybe is our luxurious, mobile gaming truck!?
We don’t want you to panic, but Christmas is seriously just around the corner and if you haven’t started planning something yet, chances are your office Christmas party will fall into the stale category…
So what are you waiting for!?
Start planning now!
Book your entertainment as soon as possible so that you don’t miss out and so that your employees have something to look forward to.
Located in Perth and want to book us as your ‘out-of-the-box’ entertainment?
Head to the Contact Us page.
Connect with us on Facebook.